Monday, November 14, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: 11-13


Good Monday to everyone!

I do hope that everyone had as great a weekend as I did. Friday night Trevor and I had dinner with our Houston crew at the always delicious Guadalajara. After dinner we picked up a good friend that we never get to see (he lives in Canada) from the airport and spent the night "time traveling", two-stepping, and having very interesting cab rides involving Lil'Wayne and bunny ears. Saturday we stomached another stellar performance by the Aggies (sarcasm much?) and then had a movie & wine night at home. "Crazy, Stupid Love" and "Limitless" are both great movies by the way. Sunday, Trev and I had a fantastic brunch at Cyclone's in the Heights. Bottomless Mimosa=awesomesauce. Sunday finished up with football and relaxation.

So here we are with the start of another countdown until the weekend. (Lucky me today is my Tuesday).

Time to catch up with my "30 Days of Thanks"!

Day 11-Armed Services
Friday was Veteran's Day. With all of the craziness that is going on all over the world, Americans are pretty dang lucky that we typically live our lives worry free. What I mean by that is none of us walk outside every morning hoping we don't get blown up today. We don't have to hope that when we get home from work our houses will still be standing. You may not agree with our government and times may be tough for a lot of people, but we are still very blessed to live, in my opinion, the best country in the world. I firmly believe one of the biggest reasons it is the best is because of our defense. We are protected because thousands of men and women chose to put their butts on the line to save ours. I am incredibly thankful for that. I am very proud to say my grandfather, Louis O. Peveto served in the 82 airborne unit, in US Army. He, along with all other past, present, and future veterans are heroes in my book. Friday, November 11, 2011, I am incredibly thankful for all the men and women who serve, has served and will serve in the United States Military. May GOD watch over all of them and bring them home soon. May GOD also bless the families of these men and women.


Day 12-God's Grace
Saturday morning as I lay in bed, waiting to fully wake up, I was looking on my dearly beloved pinterest.com and I ran across this.

Pinned Image
I sadly have fallen asleep mid prayer, and some nights/mornings simply did not pray. Seeing how incredible my life truly is, I feel ashamed to admit it. Thankfully though, my GOD is a forgiving and loving GOD that doesn't torch my apartment because I forgot to say thank you. How lucky are we as Christians that God DOESN'T forget? I'd say pretty darn lucky.
November 12, 2011, I am so incredibly thankful for God's grace, forgiveness, and love for without it, I would be lost. I am thankful my parents raised me to be strong in faith and to trust in God. I am thankful that God doesn't take away our blessing when we mess up, that he gives us second chances. For all of this, I am MOST thankful for.

Day 13-Trevor Davis
There isn't a single person I have ever known that I can spend days straight with but then miss them the instant they leave. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and my friends but we all know we can get under each other's skin after lengthy periods of time together. I could spend endless time with that boy and it would still not be enough. He brings out the best in me, makes me laugh every day, and makes me feel like a million bucks. On top of everything he does for me, he gets along with everyone and charms anyone he meets. He is level headed, very intelligent, and has a heart of gold. He is strong, independent, and can fix anything. (Literally cars, electronics, household items, you name it) The best thing about him is he chooses me to be his girl, best friend, and partner in crime. Every time I look at those gorgeous green eyes I feel like the luckiest girl in the universe.
November 13, I am incredibly thankful for Trevor Davis being in my life. I thank GOD for sending me the man I always prayed for. I thank GOD for the past 4 years and also for getting us through the tough moments. I am thankful I now know what love is.

Happy Monday Dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment