Thursday, August 8, 2013

Wedding Planning Updates and David Tutera


When you get engaged the second thing people tell you after the initial "Congratulations!" and "So Happy for you!" is "Good luck, wedding planning is so stressful", or "Get ready for the stress!” I have to admit, my experience has been quite the opposite. 

Now don't get me wrong, of course there have been a few stressful moments along the way, but for the most part it truly has been a fun experience. And NO, I did not start wedding planning before I got engaged. Of course I thought of ideas and things I would maybe like but no real planning began until May 3 (the day after we got engaged). Plus, I did not want a long engagement, and after being a bridesmaid for 5 girls, I did learn that you have to move quickly on the big ticket items, I.E., church, venue, photographer. I really think that was the so called "worst part" was just trying to line up a date good for all those big items. 

So yes, as of last week I am officially done with all wedding planning except for our honeymoon. From the dress all the way down to the transportation, DONE! People look at me like I am crazy when I tell them that, but it's true. As far as the honeymoon goes we are waiting until later in the year for good deals since February is such a low travel month. So for all those future brides, just remember, wedding planning is as stressful as you make it but overall as long as you keep track of things and know your budget, it's really not that difficult. I can't understand how people get so stressed about it. 

Now one thing that I personally fine irritating about wedding planning is "The waiting game." Seriously you are always waiting on something! Since late May, I have been dying patiently awaiting the arrival of my wedding gown. I fell in love with a VERY unique gown and seriously cannot wait to get it in. It's one thing to try on a dress and love it but the GIANT, UGLY clips they use to make it fit you suck, and I want to see MY DRESS on me that actually fits (as a stomp my foot like a child). I was told it would be mid to late SEPTEMBER! :( But there is a chance it could come in earlier. SO needless to say, my heart skips a beat anytime a Houston number comes up on my phone. I have to take bridals in November so time is ticking...

Another "waiting game" situation is waiting for pictures to come back. Last Thursday, Trevor and I took our engagement photos. As of next week, our wedding is officially 6 months away, which is the proper time frame for save the dates. So now we have access to the online album but they are unedited and also have the watermark on them. We have to pick out the ones we want and specify the ones we want for the save the dates, which the photographer is going to get back to us on Sunday! The rest we should get back in about 3 weeks. I can't wait to see them and order the save the dates. I already have the designed picked out and everything. I will make a post about it once I we have mailed them out. Goodness, I love wedding planning. 

When it comes to wedding planning, there is no one greater than the fabulous DAVID TUTERA! and tonight, we are going to a show of his at the House of Blues called Dream Bigger. SO EXCITED! If you know me, you know I LOVE David Tutera. I think he is pure bridal genius. Fingers crossed I win some good prizes. :)

Happy Thursday Dolls!


No comments:

Post a Comment