Thursday, August 23, 2012

8/25/07

“The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a growing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing; it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life.” -Hugh Walpole, Sr.
8/25/07.....
Saturday, August 25, will mark Trevor and I’s 5 year anniversary; Five amazing, exciting, wonderful years that I have spent with an incredible man. Trevor is not just my boyfriend, but my best friend. He knows everything about me and continues to love me. (Even when I am cranky and won’t pick out a place to eat, hehe) Trevor, in my humble opinion, is a jack of all trades. He has so much patience (something I completely lack), everyone who meets him likes him, he makes me laugh every single day, he is extremely intelligent and when he sets his mind to accomplish something, he never fails.
I believe all relationships take love, hard work, and understanding to be successful. Trevor and I work hard to be happy and also to be happy with each other. I am extraordinarily proud to say that we rarely have big arguments at this point in our relationship. Sure we have our disagreements, but I guess after 5 years we know what each other’s buttons are and do are absolute best to stay far far away from them. Our happy place is with each other, but we also love being with our loved ones (family and friends). We both have a passion for living life and having as much fun as possible which makes for some wonderful memories over the past five years.
So today, (yes, a little early, but we are doing a birthday party on Saturday and have friends coming in tomorrow) I thank GOD for that moment 5 years ago, on my 19th birthday, when Trevor asked me very politely to be “his girl”. I am so blessed to have found the one that makes me heart whole, the one that I have prayed for since I was a little girl, the man that makes me laugh every day, the man that loves my family as much as they love him, and the man that makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world, Trevor. I love you with all my heart and all my soul and cannot wait to see what adventures and memories the next year brings for us.



Trevor and I don't have one particular song (but many) and today this is the one that keeps playing in my head when I think of how lucky I am. Plus the video is adorable and cute and I am in that kind of mood today. 

Well guys, I am off to finish this Thursday, (which just happens to be my Friday). Have an AMAZING weekend dolls! I know I will.

1 comment: