Friday, January 20, 2012

A Back Problem & Wedding Season

Happy Friday Dolls!

I don't know about you all but this week was, yet again, another tough on, but seems to wrapping up pretty well.

My week started going down a bad path on Sunday evening around 11PM when I went to move my dog over and somehow managed to really hurt myself. As in when I moved her I had this shooting pain that went up my back and landed right around my right shoulder blade. Now, I had NEVER had any kind of back issues and I work out 3-5 times a week (which is suppose to help this kind of stuff) so I was unpleasantly surprised when the Doc told me I had a pretty bad sprain. However, I was PLEASENTLY surprised when he gave me way too many a very large prescription of Hydrocodone and some muscle relaxers. I am very anti-pain pill but I had to give in this time. I ended up staying home from work on Tuesday and rested/slept in a druggy daze. Work Wednesday was still pretty bad, but since yesterday I haven't taken anything besides some Tylenol. (So don't worry, you will not be seeing me on "True Life: I'm addicted to pain pills" anytime soon). Today I feel just a slight discomfort; it seems the sprain is healing quite nicely.

If you were look down at my desk calander, and or my outlook calander, the type of even that I is HEAVILY present is weddings; wedding showers, bachelorette parties, "Hail to the Male" parties (dude version of a shower) and of course the big days. I am in not one, not two, but three weddings this year. (One big day that is actually only a 4 short weeks away, with a shower this weekend, and the bachelorette party in 2 weeks) We also have two other weddings that we will just be attendants at. But don't get the wrong idea, I am not complaining at all. I am very honored and very thankful that I have three women in my life that think enough of me to be a part of their big days.

With all this wedding activity comes lots of time browsing wedding stuff online (and a loss in your bank account...Kidding! but seriously). Sometimes for one of the girls and yes, I'll admit it sometimes for my own interest. Hey, girls got a right to look, right? Anyways, I wanted to share a few of my favorite things that I have stumbled across on my beloved Pinterest. You don't have to be engaged, married, or even in a relationship to love looking at wedding stuff. Let's face it, there is some beautiful stuff out there and it's fun to pick out things you would like, your best friend would like, and even stuff you would NEVER want on your big day. :)

Pinned Image
I know that everyone has probably seen this before, but if you haven't, it's a really cute way to be photographed before the wedding without breaking the tradition. Umm, can we say adorable!

Pinned Image
 I know this has been pinned like a million times on Pinterest, but wow. I can't imagine a more beautiful wedding hair style. (My opinion, plus Trevor hates up-dos) I will definitely be splurging on extensions the day I ever walk down an aisle in a white dress.

Pinned Image
On your big day, you take a million and one pictures posing, smiling, attempting to be serious, ect, but photos like this are my absolute favorite. You really see in this shot how happy the bride and her bridesmaid are, jumping on the bed like little girls. It's just perfect.

Pinned Image
This picture I can't say a lot about, but I know that if you love your animal as much as I do, you feel exactly how I do when you look at this. :')

Pinned Image
It's hard enough to get the un-married dudes at a wedding to catch the garter, BUT you thrown a football at them, I believe you chances of them ACTUALLY going for it would go up significantly. It's like a reflex for them. Awesome idea.
Pinned Image
"Sigh" Lighting, black and white decor, chairs, and table settings, this is just stunning. Let's just hope we all hit the lottery if we want this set up at wedding of 200. :)

Pinned Image
If you look closely, you will count 10 bridesmaids and 10 groomsmen. (You may not see them all but there are other shots at this wedding at, yes, there were 10 each) Now friends of mine have told me different things about you size or your wedding party. Some have said "Oh you don't want too many, it looks tacky", and some have said "I wish I would have put everyone I wanted in it and not what I was supposed to do". After hearing different opinions, I say, put how every many people you want, screw everyone else's opinion. It's your day not theirs. If you have 10 people that you care enough about that you want them to be by your side, do it. If you only have 2, do it.

Pinned Image
I'm not saying this are my style but they definitely are unique. I love seeing original wedding invitations, save the dates, and thank you cards. Something that makes you stand out from the typical fancy cursive, "Queen of England" type on invitation. IN KNOW WAY am I saying your lame if you do typical invitation, it's just cool when you see something new in an industry where is seems nearly everything has been done.

Well, that's enough wedding-ish stuff for now. Apologies to any guy who reads my blog regularly and got this today. Girls and weddings, it's like strawberries and whip cream. It's definitely wedding season you guys. Every other week I see engagement, shower, and wedding photos popping up on facebook. Congratulations to all those out there who just got engaged, who are about to get married, and those who are fresh out of the honeymoon and enjoying their new married life.

Now I will be spending the rest of the morning playing on pinterest working extremely hard and counting down till noon when I get to have lunch with two of my favorite, already married ladies, (and two of my best friends) Marina and Jessica.

Cheers to the weekend & happy Friday dolls!


No comments:

Post a Comment