Friday, January 13, 2012

Random Thoughts of a Houstonian


I'm starting this new segment of posts called "Random Thoughts of a Houstonian". I find it fitting since many days I feel like I don't have one specific thing to make a blog post worth reading but may have 10 little things going on that are "read worthy". I also got this great post idea from my fellow blogger, fellow fish camp counselor, and friend Kelli. You really should check out her blog. She picked up her life here in Texas and now lives in New York City, kind of a big change. Her blog is very well written and filled with very humorous moments. Check it out, Howdy from NYC; I promise you, it will be worth the click.
Today is Friday the 13th. There are actually 3 this year. Now I don't count myself and superstitious or anything like that but I do have a couple things that I tend to find "unlucky". Most of my friends laugh at me for this one, but I am seriously not a fan of odd numbers. I don't like them, there is just something "odd" about them. (I'm actually laughing out loud at how corny that really was). Now you would think with me not liking odd numbers that Friday the 13th would be day I would hate, but actually all the Friday 13ths in the past have actually been pretty good days for me. Since this year has been particularly stressful thus far, I am hoping that today, Friday the 13th, 2012 that my luck will finally change and good things will begin to happen. (Positive thinking=Positive Action???, we shall see). Do you think Friday the 13th in an "Un-Lucky" day?

If you read yesterday's blog you already know that I am beyond excited about 3 of my best girlfriends from college coming down to Houston this weekend. It's been quite a long time since we have all been together, and even longer since it wasn't at a football game. (Aggie Football, duh!) I am counting down until 7:30 when Lauryn and Kristin will arrive and also until 10:30/11:00 when Heather will be in Houston finally. :) (To read yesterday's post, click here)

There are many incredibly awesome things about living in Houston
File:GalleriaOne.jpg
7th largest mall in the nation 5 miles from my house, I'm totally okay with this. (My bank account begs to differ)

Reliant Park (GO TEXANS! BTHO Balitmore!), Toyota Center, and Minute Maid Park.
3 professional sports venues and teams=lots of fun things to do; football/basketball/baseball/soccer games, concerts, and the always fun Houston Rodeo.

Any type restraunt, bar, club, or wine place that you could think of.

BUT....with all these great things in one giant circle of a city, it creates a bit of traffic problems....

(Stepping onto soap box) Now not only my morning route getting out of the Heights is under construction, NOW getting of 290 onto 610N is down to one lane...ONE LANE, ARE YOU IDIOTS?!?! And the best part about the traffic is that every morning and every evening I drive by these two spots I don't see a single soul working on ANYTHING, EVER!!!%@#$!@#$#% Houston, please fix them or open it back up. (Stepping off soap box)

Does anyone still make a wish on 11:11? I mean I know that was the thing to do back in the day, but I have to admit I definitely still do that every time I catch it. I take the wish very seriously and carefully think each wish through before making the wish...too much?

I started wearing a watch that my Grandparents gave me for Christmas. My grandfather told me that people who wear watches look more professional because it makes them see as if they have places to be. I am also impossibly late to nearly everything. (Trying to be more on time was Trevor and I's "Couple" New Year's Resolution, It's been hard so far)
Hopefully the "more professional" thing works.

And lastly I leave you with yet another Chanel picture.
 She is a BIG fan of the Lion King. :)

Have a wonderful, amazing, and safe weekend dolls!


4 comments:

  1. I still wish on 11:11 too!

    Funny post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I am not the only one!

    And thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Corpus and some mornings traffic is insane! I absolutely love Houston :) There are so many neat places there :)

    ReplyDelete