Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012/20-hell, New Year's Eve, and a Girl's Weekend

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Okay so I'm about 12 days late, my apologies fellow blog readers. 2012 so far has been a bit of a pain in my ass at times. There is a certain area in my life that I am not pleased with and it seems like no matter what I do I cannot catch a break. Since the internet is less that a safe place for private information that is all I can really say on the matter but it's definitely put a damper on the year so far for me.

BUT hard times are part of life, and God put us on this earth because he knew we could handle it. So with that being said I want to share with you some things that have helped make 2012 a little less 20-Hell.

Ringing in the ACTUAL New Year.
I have to say my actual New Year's Eve was fabulous. I got to bring in 2012 at a local favorite spot, The Corkscrew, which is a wine bar in the Heights, with some of my best friends and the always wonderful boyfriend.
The whole group at the Corkscrew
Myself, Ashley, and Brittany.
The Surbers, Marina & J.C. and Trevor & I.
Trevor and I enjoying the vino.


A much needed "Girl's weekend"
This up-coming weekend "the girls" (minus Emily who is understandably busy enjoying her newborn nephew) will be reunited in Houston. Heather, Kristin, and Lauryn will all be coming in tomorrow and I can honestly say this girl's weekend could not have come at a better time. With 2012/20-hell being a royal bitch so far I can't wait to have my girls here in Houston with me. Now don't get me wrong, I have some wonderful girlfriends here in Houston but since I went from seeing these 4 multiple times a week to maybe a couple times every six months it's going to be awesome to have us all finally together again! Below are a few photos from some of our good times together. 
Lauryn and I, South Padre 2010. We enjoy hop scotching..
 
Heather and I at one of our many girl's nights in College Station. We enjoy margaritas.
 Myself, Lauryn, Emily, South Padre Spring Break. We enjoy dancing.
Kristin, Myself, Heather, and Lauryn on a College Station Summer Night.

Myself, Heather, Lauryn, and Emily, Ring Dance 2010. We enjoy watching our friend get engaged. :)
These girls all have a part of my heart. My life wouldn't be whole without them. No matter how little or how often we see each other we will all always bee friends.
 "Maybe our girlfriends are our soul mates and guys are just people to have fun with"
-Sex in the City-

And lastly, everyday I get to go home to this little dog
 And this amazing man.
These 2 keep my sane when I have lost all my marbles. I thank God every day for such an amazing man that I get to call mine and the little peice of heaven that is Chanel.

Happy Thursday Dolls.

4 comments:

  1. Amen...2012 has started off a bit rocky on my boat too, but your perspective of what is important/what to be greateul for is PERFECT (especially the Chanel part, does that surprise you coming from a vet?). 2012/20-heaven to be...just wait : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate starting new year's off bad, it makes you wonder if the year will be bad. But yes I agree it's all in the perscpective. And no, that does not surprise me coming from a Vet. :)I hope your right about 20-Heaven. Have a great weekend Brittany and thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comments today, they definitely made me feel better. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete