Friday, September 2, 2011

Birthdays, Anniversaries, and Fightin' Texas Aggie Football


I know I am incredibly behind in blogging and for that my apologies. But hey it’s FRIDAY! Whoop to that!

My birthday was perfect. I seriously have the most amazing group of family and friends. I feel very lucky to have such a large group of wonderful friends that came out and celebrated with me. Thank you to everyone who came to dinner and/or to Shot Bar. Thank you to "anonymous friend" for renting the hummer limo. It wouldn't have been the same without ANY of you! I promise to do a birthday recap post once I get the pictures uploaded on to my computer. There are seriously like 112 pictures and some of them are NOT, I repeat NOT facebook/cyber world friendly, meaning I do not want to see these pictures in 10 years when I am an "established" adult. But seriously best, most amazing birthday yet.

Trevor and I's anniversary was equally as perfect. For our 4 year anniversary, Trevor took us to Vick and Anthony's Steakhouse in downtown. (OMG SO GOOD!) He also surprised me with flowers and Dancing Lessons for an entire month. Dancing lessons you say? Ballroom, Dancing with the Stars type of stuff, and I am BEYOND excited. I have been dying to learn how to do all those dances since I started watching the ABC hit. After these lessons, we will be ready to tear up the dance floor for all the weddings we have coming up to. ;) Serious stuff Ahead- God has given me the thing I have always prayed for with Trevor Davis. The past 4 years I have spent with that guy have been the best 4 years of my life, seriously. I couldn't have dreamed up a more perfect man for me. He is my best friend, partner in crime, love of my life and no one can make me smile like he does. Thank you Trevor Davis for putting up with my dramatic-long-drawn-out stories, being patience when I won’t pick somewhere to eat and say no to anything your suggestinghaving only child syndrome some days loving me with all your heart. I will always return the favor. Cheers to 4 years and endless amount of years to come.

Okay now it's time to get a real with some of you people. Blogs are supposed to be a place for honesty and truth, the good stuff and the bad stuff...so here we go. Yes, I just celebrated 4 years with an amazing man, yes; we had a romantic night out, NO! WE ARE NOT ENGAGED!@!$!#$%#$^%$@!$&%. If one more idiot person asks me that very unintelligent question, I may quite possibly drop kick you in your head that holds that undersized brain of yours. Look people, it doesn't matter nor is it none of your business if we are engaged. AND YOU WOULD HAVE HEARD ABOUT IT (If your imporatant in my life or we are friends on facebook). I do not need your life coaching nor do I need you to bother Trevor about it. We are big kids and are very happy. We will get engaged when we damn well want too. There is no law anywhere that says after X (X being 4 years in this case) amount of time together that you have to start planning a wedding. I would hands down bet on our relationship over some MARRIED couples I know. People need to remember that every relationship is different. Yes some people meet and after a month get married and stay married for 50 years (unlikely but it can happen). There are also people who date for 10 years before they get married and still live happily ever after. However, a lot of people don't. Just a little fact...
  • 41% of first marriages in the U.S. end in divorce
  • 60% of second marriages in the U.S. end in divorce
  • 73% of third marriages in the U.S. end in divorce
So back off people. We plan on getting it right the first time. I am happy. He is happy. WE ARE HAPPY TOGETHER. And besides, good things come to those who wait. :)

In other news, I can barely contain my excitement for Sunday because FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIE FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!!! A-WHOOP!!!!! I cannot wait to be back in my beloved Aggieland, tailgating for hours, hollering till my voice is gone (Which, I might add, will be done in pre-game this week because I have this God awful cold that makes me sound like an 75 year old smoker) and watching the Ags get the "W". Being back in Aggieland for football games for me is like going home. I spent 4 incredible years of my life there and going back just makes me remember all the great times. BONUS, when I go back, I get to make more memories with a lot of the same people. It's an amazing thing to get to tailgate and SIT DOWN in our alumni seats with the same people you use to stand in the BLAZING HOT SUN the entire game with years back. So cheers to Fightin' Texas Aggie Football! (Press Play on the first one)

 Robert Earl Keen-"Fightin' Texas Aggie"

  


Thanks and Gig'em!

Have a great Labor Day weekend dolls and wear your maroon on Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment