Thursday, November 10, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: 7-10

I am getting all caught up today!

Day 7-My Grandparents, Louis and Ruth
If you know me, you know that my Paw-Paw and Grandma are EXTREMELY important to me. Growing up, I didn't go to a babysitter, I went to their house. Nearly every day my Paw-Paw would come home from work, before he retired, with a chicken nugget happy meal. (I am proof McDonalds doesn't make kids fat, being lazy and sitting inside all day does) I remember the things that my grandfather taught me way more than what I was learning in school. My grandmother spoiled me more than anyone else in my life, and cooked me anything I could ever want. My grandfather taught me how to drive and told me stories from his own life that still inspires me to this day. When it came time to go to College, my grandparents decided that I needed a more reliable car than my VW beetle, and bought me a brand new Tiburon. My grandparents also paid for half of all my college tuition, more than half of rent all four years, and also gave me monthly money for groceries. When I graduated college in May of 2010 they got to the arena so early that they had the best seats in the house right by the stage, front row. In December of 2010, they traded my car in and gave me their hardly driven, practically new 2010 Camry. On top of everything above, they have always loved me, supported me, and been there for me no matter what. I don't know what I would have done without them. They truly are my heroes and I love them with every piece of my heart. November 7th, I thank GOD for blessing me with two amazing grandparents who have done so much for me in my life. I also thank GOD for their good health even with their ages. I pray that you keep the healthy, watch over them, and give them abundant blessings.

Day 8-Free gym membership
Pretty simple. Gym memberships are expensive. Mine is free because my apartment complex pays for it. After hearing what some of my friends pay for a membership, I am very thankful for my free membership at my small, home town gym, smack dab in the middle of Houston. Seeing Arian Foster and Hunter Pence at you gym is pretty cool also. :)
November 8th, I am so thankful for not having to pay to workout at a nice gym.

Day 9-My apartment
It's nothing special, and it's not luxury by any means, but it is the first place that is all mine. The first place that I am not splitting rent/bills with anyone else (except Chanel). The first place I can walk around naked! (I usually refrain from this, but I could do it if I wanted to!) I think it's quite an accomplishment to say that you have actually lived 100% on your own. I also think it's a great learning experience. 2217 has been and I am sure will continue to be a place where wonderful (first years of real life) memories are made.
November 9th, I am very thankful for my apartment that I can call home and for the memories I have made there.

Day 10-Annoynoumous Friend
Today I am thankful for my "annoynoumous friend" (See Starts in my sky). His random texts/e-mails from all hours of the day helps keep life interesting. His outlook on life really is one of the best I have ever seen. He isn't the mushy type at all, and I'll probably get taunted by him for this but he totally inspires me. He truly lives up to the phrase "live life to the fullest", and I don't think he is afraid of anything. I have spent some some of the most fun nights of my life with this crazy guy. My only complaint is he lives in Austin and not Houston. Sadly he's not a big fan of Houston, but I can't say it isn't without good reasons. I know that he will always be in my life and I can't wait to see the good times we have in the upcoming years. November 10th, I am thankful for this friend that I met 5 years ago while waiting tables in College. I am thankful for all the great memories we have and the future ones we will create. I am VERY thankful for our friendship.
Happy Thursday Dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment